Content Manager for Nutrition Stripped
Job Title: Content Manager
Reports to: CEO McKel (Hill) Kooienga
Status: PT (growing into FT)
Location: Nashville, TN and remote within Nashville. If you feel like you're are "the" person for this role and live outside of Nashville, please still apply, but know we're looking for someone local and this will weigh on our final decision.
Start Date: March-early April 2019
We're excited to offer this opportunity! Do you find yourself constantly reading, researching, designing, and creating content that makes an impact and connects people together? If you can’t get enough of content strategy, production, creation, and execution — and practice living a healthy lifestyle at your core — then this role is for you.
You will play a pivotal role in developing content for nutritionstripped.com as well as related products, ebooks, and company materials. You will see the entire content journey through from strategy to implementation — responsible for creating original content utilizing the core values and mission of Nutrition Stripped.
This is an opportunity for you to make a tangible impact and meaningful contribution to building a health and wellness start-up aimed at helping millions feel their best (and learn a ton while doing it!). We're not a fortune 500 company yet, but we operate with the mindset of it — meaning showing up fully to meet the high standards and expectations I set for myself as the founder.
Who You Are
You’re a A-player — we only have A-players join our team. What’s the difference between an A-player and a B-player? A B-player does what he or she is told, does it well, and does it on time. If something unexpected happens, however, the B-player comes back and asks, “What do you want me to do now?”
In contrast, an A-player solves any unexpected problems that pop up in the course of achieving the results you desire and tells you about it after the fact. Or if an A-player comes to you with a problem, they’ll come with a recommended solution too. In other words, B-players focus on getting activities done, A-players focus on getting results done and they do this autonomously.
Who You Are, Core Attributes
Basically, you'll do amazing at NS because you...
- You have the resiliency it takes to work in a startup atmosphere.
- You understand that there’s a big difference between getting “things” done and getting “revenue” done. One involves being busy, the other involves being effective. The two are not the same.
- You have a great eye for detail, but you can still get the 80/20 of results faster than anyone you know.
- You love being organized and managing your own workload effectively.
- You are independent, hard working, intelligent, humble, and hungry.
- You are flexible and go with the flow. You understand that in a growing company things can change last minute.
- You roll up your sleeves and dig in. Nothing is too big or daunting for you to figure out, google, read a book on or ask a mentor how to solve.
- You do well when there isn’t a map, and you relish an opportunity to figure things out on your own.
- You have a deep appreciation for technology. You know how to bend any technology or software to your will. You’re known for using software and automation to make yourself and your work more efficient and effective.
- You emphasize efficiency, but even more so, you emphasize effectiveness and making an impact.
- You constantly think about the flow between community, engagement, customers, marketing, and sales — you look at the full picture of how it all works together to optimize it.
- You do not get pigeonholed with goals — when achieved you continue to push your limits and go above and beyond the set goals.
- You describe yourself as a highly driven individual. You can accomplish incredible projects and tasks in short amounts of time.
- You want an opportunity to be a part of the dream, to join a mission-driven company, and get the benefits of being one of the first employees at a company that’s growing.
How You’ll Make An Impact
You’ll be collaborating closely with the Founder, yet working completely autonomously. You’ll be adding intelligence, effective lines of communication with our customer and community, community growth, and content impact to achieve our company objectives mixed with brand marketing. You’ll help build the company foundation for future growth and scalability.
What this looks like IRL
- Weekly reporting on your OKR's
- Creating editorial strategy, content production and execution of all written articles on nutrititionstripped.com
- Creating email newsletter strategy, production, and execution
- Creating social media marketing strategy, production, and execution
- Lead community-driven marketing campaigns (newsletters, FB groups, social media) to engage and connect our community
OKR’s and Objectives For Your Role
To be discussed during the interview process.
You Know How To Do These Things Exceptionally…
- Content creation from strategy to execution thinking about the entire customer journey and community experience
- Design materials using photoshop, illustrator, iMovie — and if you're not exceptional at them now, you're eager to learn and master
- Build relationships and communities surrounding educational content and personal connection to our community and customers
- Utilizing SEO and data-based results to drive your creative strategy for company content
As a small startup, we're proud to offer some amazing things to take care our team...
- Grow With Us: Create your own way — we have a growth mentality and that extends to the team. We think you should grow too.
- Practice What We Preach: we believe in work-life integration and you’ll work hard, accomplish projects, proactively jump in to help when needed, and maintain a balance in your own life you need.
- *PTO:We offer paid holidays and PTO in the first year. We're working our way up to shut down during the December holidays #goals!
- We Love Animals: Luna is frequent in the office so if they jive, bring your pup too! McKel personally loves turtles too, that's a long story...
- Work Remotely: In the groove working from home or a coffee shop — we encourage you to keep at it. Although we love working together because that's where the magic happens, we're flexible.
- Snacks On Snacks: We have goodies and snacks to keep you fueled throughout the day, and they're all #RDapproved
- *Employee Bonus Program: each role has the potential for a bonus program based on company performance
- Good Vibes: we jam to music, light some palo santo, and make your workspace as cozy and functional as you need. We like team lunches with a little rosé or green juice too, because #balance.
This position is open until filled (no deadline), at which time this listing will be removed. All your information will be kept confidential. Final candidate will need to agree to a background check. I will not accept resumes or cover letters sent via email without filling out the application. If you are selected for the interview process you will be contacted only.
*for full time positions only